Popular Posts

Friday, February 11, 2011

My very first official blog!

     So...I've decided to start blogging. Not for any particular reason, other than to be able to share little stories about my everyday life. Life in Hawaii, as i'm sure it is for anyone anywhere, is unique...to me. When I view the world from my little island in the  middle of this vast ocean, I realize that there is a big world out there that I will probably never see. I also realize, that there are people out there in the great big world who will never see Hawaii. So, I figured, why not share a little bit of my Hawaii with the world?
     I hail from the Hamakua Coast on the Big Island of Hawaii. I currently live on the island of Oahu..have been here for almost a year now. Huge changes from the Big Island. The people, the food, the TRAFFIC. I am a 41 year old mother of three children ages 21, 19, and 16. I found out in October that I am expecting my fourth child in June 2011.  WHOA!!! After 17 years, I'm doing it again. Talk about changes.You'll hear more about that in the near future.
     I think I have this urge to share my journey with others, because  I have felt like I've been 'on the verge' of something for a long time. I have no idea what. I have so many ideas..yet implementing them seems to fall to the wayside when life takes precedence. The bills, the rent, the kids. The list goes on, of course. In the midst of what can sometimes be described as chaos, I have a strange calm. A quiet prodding of sorts that is prompting me to take a risk. I'm not talking about suddenly taking up skydiving..no thanks...just some sort of urge to share. The fear of the unknown. The little happy moments that can define my day. The tears I cry when no one is around. The ability to maintain lifelong friendships. the list goes on and on.
     I have had losses. I have had tremendous gains. I have had to bury loved ones. I have had to say no to my children because there wasn't enough money. I have life. The sadness that comes sometimes is necessary. Tears are cleansers for the soul. The ability to get up every day and do it again, and hope that things will be ok. is an accomplishment. Don't get me wrong. I'm not being all dramatic. Let's be real. For those of you who sit there day after day and try to tell everyone that life is full of lollipops and unicorns, you know you're living in your own fake world of cotton candy fluff. There's nothing wrong with having to struggle, with being sad or angry at the world sometimes. The simple truth is that people do steal, and kill, and do harm. There are people starving, and losing their homes. Our economy sucks right now. But you know what? I'm not all about doom and gloom here. The reason I'm sitting here writing this in the first place, is because I have life. I am grateful for that fact. So, as long as I have life and the ability to share my thoughts with you, I will. If you are willing to listen.
....The beginning of my next journey via this blog. How fun. More about Hawaii later.
    

1 comment: